“Libraries and Information Resources in the Modern World of Science, Culture, Education, and Business”
“Crimea 2012” – world professional forum for leadership and staff of libraries, publishing houses, book trade business, museums, archives, information centers, universities, colleges, computer and Internet companies, for business, law, scientific, cultural and educational organizations.
The Conference is held under the auspices of IFLA
Topic of 2012: “Libraries of digital era: new paradigm and new role in social development”
Sudak and other Crimean towns
Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Ukraine
June 2-10, 2012
Arrival dates are June 2 and 3, 2012
Departure dates are June 9 and 10, 2012
Professional program: June 4-8, 2012
Main organizer of the Conference
- Russian National Public Library for Science and Technology
Co-organizers of the Conference
- Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation
- Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation
- Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Ukraine
- International Association of Users and Developers of Electronic Libraries and New Information Technologies (ELNIT)
- Ministry of Culture of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Ukraine
- Russian State Library
- M.I. Rudomino All-Russian State Library for Foreign Literature
- International Library, Information, and Analytical Center
- V.I. Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine
- Sci-Tech Library of "Kiev Polytechnic Institute" Ukrainian National Technical University
- "Kiev-Mohyla Academy" National University Scientific Library
- Moscow State University of Culture and Arts
Regional and local co-organizers
- I. Franko Republican Universal Scientific Library, Simferopol, Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Ukraine
- "Biont" and "Laspi" Companies, Evpatoria, Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Ukraine
- "Sudak" Tourist and Health Center, Sudak, Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Ukraine
- Sudak City Council, Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Ukraine
We welcome other sponsors and co-organizers
Sudak, the main conference venue, is one of the oldest Crimean towns located on the South-Eastern peninsula coast. A medieval Genoese fortress, majestic mountain scenery and beautiful Black Sea coastline - all this you will find in Sudak. The conference will be held on the premises of Sudak Health Complex, a modern facility in a landscape garden setting located next to the beach. Other Crimean towns that will welcome the conference participants at off-site sessions are full of historic and cultural attractions.
The Conference program will be built around the following topics and will include sections,
round tables, workshops and presentations.
- Worldwide Information Infrastructure, Interlibrary Cooperation, International Cooperation Projects
- National Libraries and National Information Resources
- Development and Preservation of Library Collections. Cooperation of Libraries, Publishers and Book Market.
- Online Technologies, CD-ROM, Electronic Publications and the Internet in Libraries
- Digital Libraries and Digital Resources. E-learning
- Automated Library Systems and Information Technologies
- Information Support of Education and Management
- Corporate Library and Information Systems, Corporate Technologies and Library Consortia
- Information and Linguistic Support of Library and Information Systems. Bibliographic Formats. Metadata. Data Exchange Standards and Protocols
- Library Staff, Profession and Education. Development of Educational Technologies in the Information Society Age
- Development of Library Collections in National Languages
- Libraries, Municipal Information and Regional Studies
- Library and Information Services for the Disabled
- Libraries, Museums, and Archives in the Global Information and Cultural Environment
- Ethics and Security of Electronic Information
- Environmental Protection Information and the Role of Libraries in Promoting Environmental Awareness of the Population
- Legal Information and Official Publications. Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
- Modern Programs and Problems of Reading.
- Libraries and Business in the Modern Information Environment
- Management of Libraries, Library and Other Professional Associations
- Library Science, Bibliography and Bibliology. Library Statistics
- Medical Information Resources and Systems. Hospital Libraries. Bibliotherapy
- Children, Computers, and the Internet. School Libraries and Computer Literacy
- Library as Tolerance Space. Library and Politics
- Innovations in Science, Culture, and Education: the role of libraries
A series of satellite events is also envisaged including annual conferences of library associations and professional groups. The list of sections, round tables, workshops and additional events will be continuously updated and finalized by the Program Committee in April 2012.
Call for Papers
The Organizing Committee seeks original research and application-oriented papers, not previously presented elsewhere, which make new contribution to the Conference topics. You are invited to submit an abstract of your proposed paper for consideration by the Conference Program Committee in the electronic form.
The following guidelines should be observed in the preparation and submission of your papers:
1. The abstract should be a precis of your paper.
2. The heading should include the paper title, followed by the names and affiliations of the author(s), city and country.
The abstract should not consist of more than 700 symbols (including spaces). The paper including abstract, pictures, appendixes etc. should not be more than of 6 A4 pages.
3. The deadline for the receipt of abstracts is April 1, 2012.
4. Abstracts for papers to be written and presented in the English language should be sent to your regional coordinator (please see contact information below).
5. Upon acceptance of your paper proposal you will get a confirmation by the Conference Program Committee.
6. Full texts of accepted papers should be sent in the electronic form to your regional coordinator.
Full text should be submitted in Word for Windows or ASCII format, charts, photographs and screenshots in JPG.
7. The deadline for the receipt of papers is April 25, 2012.
Conference Proceedings are published on CD and on the conference Web site.
It is the prerogative of the Program Committee to determine the paper status: keynote paper, paper, communication, or poster, and to include it in the appropriate section. Plenary and guest speakers' papers are up to 30 minutes. Section and workshop papers are up to 20 minutes. Communications are up to 10 minutes. Poster paper: 10 copies (to be provided by the speaker). Papers are published in the Conference Proceedings only by decision of the Program Committee provided that the registration fee has been paid (Letters of guarantee shall not be taken into calculations).
CONFERENCE LANGUAGES: ENGLISH, RUSSIAN, and UKRAINIAN.
Simultaneous or consecutive interpretation will be provided at the Conference.
Conference registration fee is $ 350 for a full participant and $ 200 for an accompanying person. Each participant may register up to 2 accompanying persons.
The registration fee for a full participant covers:
- participation in the Conference professional program including Vendor Exhibits
- Conference bag with Conference proceedings on CD and information materials
- participation in conference opening and closing ceremonies and receptions
- transportation to off-site events in other towns of Crimea
- a one-day tour and other social and cultural events
- Simferopol - Sudak - Simferopol bus transfer on the dates of arrival (June 2–3) and departure (June 09-10)
- organizational expenses for visa support in Kiev
- conference badge
The accommodation fee (three meals a day included) is fixed and covers the whole stay from noon June 2 through noon June 10, 2012 irrespective of the actual dates of arrival and departure within this period:
Single – $ 850
Double – $ 6 0 0
Single – $ 960
Double – $ 6 80
Single – $ 1, 0 5 0
Double – $ 750
Single – $ 1, 20 0
Double – $ 8 00
Single – $ 1,400
Double – $ 900
You are kindly requested to register online or complete the registration form and send it by fax or e-mail no later than April 1, 2012.
Libraries, associations, publishers, universities, companies can take the opportunity to present their products at the Crimea 2012 exhibition. Exhibitors may arrange special presentations of their products and services with prior notification of the Organizing Committee.
Exhibition fee (stand rental) covers a table, 2 chairs, partitions, and a power socket:
2 m x 2 m (standard) $ 700 4 m x 2 m (extended) $ 1,400
Computers, other equipment and furniture rental are available on a preliminary request for additional fee.
Please note that children of 16 years of age and younger are not permitted into conference rooms and the exhibition area.
Please contact the Organizing Committee with all your requests: