"Libraries and Associations in the Transient World:
New Technologies and New Forms of Cooperation"
ANNOUNCEMENT and CALL FOR PAPERS
The Conference "Crimea 2001" will be held under the aegis of IFLA
Main venue: Sudak
Co-organizers of the Conference:
- Ministry of Culture of Russian Federation, Moscow, Russia
- Ministry of Culture and Arts of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Ministry of Culture of Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Simferopol, Crimea, Ukraine
- Russian State Library, Moscow, Russia
- M.I. Rudomino All-Russian State Library for Foreign Literature, Moscow, Russia
- International Association of Users and Developers of Electronic Libraries and New Information Technologies, Moscow, Russia
- Open Society Institute - Russia (Soros Foundation), Moscow, Russia
- International Library, Information, and Analytical Center, Washington, D.C., USA
- V.I. Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Sci-Tech Library of "Kyiv Polytechnic Institute" Ukrainian National Technical University, Kyiv, Ukraine
- I. Gasprinsky Republican Crimean Tatar Library, Simferopol, Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Ukraine
- "Biont" and "Laspi" Companies, Yevpatoria, Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Ukraine
- "Sudak" Tourist and Health Center, Sudak, Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Ukraine
The Eighth International Conference will be held in Sudak and in other
famous Crimean towns: Yalta, Alushta, Feodosia, Kerch, and Stary Krym.
Sudak is one of the most beautiful and tranquil locales on the Crimean
Black Sea coast. The history of Sudak dates to antiquity. It is a small
Crimean town of unfailing charm, surrounded by fantastic mountains crowned
with picturesque ruins of the medieval Genoese fortress.
During the "Crimea 2001", the "Sudak" Tourist and Health Center will
accommodate only the participants in the Conference. The best conference
rooms in Yalta, Alushta, Feodosia, Kerch and Stary Krym will be placed
at guest and satellite events disposal.
The following topics for presentations and discussions at sections,
round tables, workshops, and other events are envisaged:
- Development and Preservation of Library Collections. Cooperation of Libraries,
Publishers and Book Market. Official Publications.
- Online Technologies, CD-ROM, Electronic Publications and Internet in Libraries
- Electronic (Digital) Libraries
- Automated Library Systems and Technologies
- Information Support of Education and Information Society
- Corporate Library and Information Systems
- Information and Linguistic Support of Library and Information Systems
- Library Staff, Profession and Education
- Development of Library Collections in National Languages
- Libraries, Municipal Information and Regional Studies
- Library and Information Services for the Disadvantaged
- Libraries and Museums in Global Information and Cultural Environment
- Bibliography and Library Science
- Ethics and Security of Electronic Information
- Ecological Information and Role of Libraries
Call for Papers
The Organizing Committee seeks research and application oriented papers, which make new contributions to the topics listed above. You are invited to submit the full text with abstract of your proposed paper for consideration by the Program Committee in the electronic form. The deadline for receipt of papers is April 10, 2001. The following guidelines should be observed in the preparation and submission of your abstracts:
2. The heading should include the title of your paper, followed by the names and affiliations of the author(s) and the name and address, FAX number and email address of the author who will be presenting the paper at the Conference.
3. Anticipated length of paper's full text should be no more than 6 A4 pages.
4. Abstracts and full texts for papers to be written and presented in the English language should be sent to Dr. Lester J. Pourciau, Deputy Chair, International Organizing Committee, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstracts for papers to be written and presented in the Russian or Ukrainian languages should be sent to Dr. Yakov Shraiberg, Chair, International Organizing Committee, and First Deputy Director, Russian National Public Library for Science and Technology, e-mail: email@example.com
CONFERENCE LANGUAGES: ENGLISH, RUSSIAN, and UKRAINIAN.
The Vendor Exhibits will be opened during the Conference to present information products, services, automated systems, software packages, CD-ROM products, books, journals and other publications. Companies' presentations may be arranged on a preliminary request.
Conference registration fee will be:
$ 220 before May 15
$ 240 before June 9
$ 110 before May 15
$ 120 before June 9
Conference registration fee covers:
- collection of the Conference proceedings and information materials
- social and cultural events including one-day cultural program and Conference receptions (see the Registration Form)
- Simferopol - Sudak - Simferopol bus transfer on the dates of arrival (June 9 and 10) and departure (June 16 and 17)
- transportation for guest events to other towns of Crimea
- organizational expenses for visa support in Moscow and Kyiv
two-room apartment (prices per person) one-room apartment (prices per person)
single $ 950 single $ 750
Room features: private bathroom, toilet, TV, refrigerator, telephone.
Exhibition fee (stand rental) covers a table, 2 chairs, partitions,
and power socket:
E-mail, fax and the Internet service will be provided on the charged basis by the Conference service center.
The prices are subject to change after April 15, 2001.
Accommodation and registration fees received after April 15 will be:
You are kindly requested to complete the registration form and send it by fax or e-mail or register online no later than 15 April, 2001.
Advance registration and payment for registration and accommodation will result in a 30% discount before September 1, 2000, in a 20% discount before October 1, 2000, and in a 10% discount before December 1, 2000.
Arrival dates are June 9 and 10, 2001.
ATTENTION! The Conference new services: pre- and post-conference stay and tour program at "Sudak" Tourist and Health Center (May 25-June 9 & June 17-30). Special conference discount is available.
For further information please contact the Organizing Committee.
Fax: +7(095) 921-9862; +7(095) 925-9750
Tel: +7(095) 921-2563
(for online registration also)
Copyright © 1995-2001 NPLS&T Russia